GORDON RESEARCH CONFERENCE: Graduate students financial assistance
Graduate students are invited to apply for financial assistance to enable them to attend the Science of Adhesion Gordon Research Conference to be held 6-11 August, in Tilton, New Hampshire. Full details of the meeting including Application to Attend are available at the GRC Website ( http://www.grc.uri.edu ).
The minimum award will be waiver of the registration fee at the double occupancy rate ($660). Additional funds to support travel to the conference will also be awarded.
To be considered for support, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a full-time graduate student working on a thesis project in which adhesion science plays an important role.
2. Submit an Application to the Science of Adhesion GRC including a poster title and abstract. These applications can only be made through the GRC website.
3. Submit an e-mail request for financial support to the conference chair, W.N. Unertl ( email@example.com
· A brief statement of the student’s career goals.
· An estimate of travel costs to attend the conference.
4. Arrange for the thesis advisor to submit a letter of recommendation to the conference chair.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible. Awards will be made starting on 5 June 2006. Applications will be accepted at any time up to the start of the conference or until all available funds are allotted.